Monday, February 4, 2008

Acapulco!!!

Hi Everyone, Ben was transferred to Acapulco, on the pacific coast. Its beautiful there, and he's SO excited, I thought I'd post the pictures he sent us and his email from today. Love, Allison









Hey everyone thanks for the emails and pics hope your enjoying the winter wonderland up there. So I got to my new area Tuesday. I got changed the Acapulco!! Its sooo awsome here I love it. My area is the hills that surround acapulco. Its the steepest area in the mission its all ups and downs. But its so different here than Morelos. Its hot and humid and it feels like Puerto Vallarta. But I like the heat here it doesnt bother me that much you just get used to sweating all day. When I was coming here on the bus I watched everything go from dead and brown to lush and green as we got closer to Acapulco. And also the people here are so much darker than in Morelos. And they speak with a strong accent. They cut off all the S´s kind of like in Spain its funny to hear them talk. And everywhere you go hear you can see Kites up in the air. All the kids play with kites here. And there arent combies here, they are busses like in cuernavaca. But all of the busses have names and are all painted and music blasting. Its awsome. There is a member that drives one and the bus is called Moroni and inside its all painted with people from the Book of Mormon. And our house is awsome its the best house I´ve had. I love everything about being here its the bomb!! My comps name is elder Ramos. Hes cool he has 1 change in the mission, is from Sinaloa and is 18. Its funny seeing how he teaches and uses all the MTC techniques. But hes cool and we have fun together. We eat with a mamita here ever day exept Sundays. Shes really nice and cooks really tight stuff. I was so sad to leave my other area. When I said good bye to Gerson and Naomi, the kids we baptised, they were balling their eyes out and screaming like someone was cutting their foot off!! I felt bad but told them I´d be back. And the family Del Valle invited us to eat KFC at their house with Renya who we baptised. It was sad saying good bye but i´ll always keep in contact with them. The work here is awsome in Acapulco. We are teaching a lot of people and have challenges for baptism. We are the missionaries for 2 wards here. Cumbres at 8:30 then Cima at 12:30. So in the morning we pass by for people then at 11:30 leave and do it again! The wards are smaller than my other ones but we have 2 so I guess its the same. Our church building is really nice. Has Air conditioning but like always they dont use it! In our principles class I asked if they wanted me to turn the AC on and this lady was like [ no its fine like this]! I was like, no you di ent! So im going to leave sacrament early to go turn it on!!! We are teaching a family that live in the middle of the jungle that are awsome. Its a dad and his 3 kids like that are in their late 20´s. And the whole time I was teaching the kids were giggling that I was an American and asking me funny questions. But they accept everything super good. In the jungle parts their are more pigs than dogs running around. But I love it here so much and glad I got to serve in Acapulco its just were i wanted to go. Also elder sessions and Reyes my old comps are in my zone, they are companions. Im district leader here so Saturday I had to do 6 interviews all over the place. We were crammed in a little Nissan Tsuru for like 30 minutes winding around the coast and dieing from calor. But this could be my last area, I only have 4 changes left!! So weird. I dont want my mission to end Im loving everything about it. The people and sights here are so amazing I know im going to have some great experiences. Well you guys enjoy your snow, and I´ll try not to get too sunburned. Love you guys, talk to you later!
Elder Ben

1 comment:

Julie Peterson said...

Your pictures are beautiful....and your blog gives me goosebumps and makes me....better go open a new box of kleenex!